Crystal Clear Contest [EVENT] [CONTEST CLOSED]

THIS CONTENT IS NOW CLOSED

Welcome to the first ever Fretwise Contest!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

• Download the backing track attached to this post.
  • Record yourself playing over it.
  • Upload it to social media (preferably YouTube) with the tag #CrystalClearFretwiseContest in the title or description.
  • Embed a link to that video as a new post within this post.
  • Chill out, support others, and wait for the results! :slightly_smiling_face:

RULES & INFO

• Do not alter the backing track.
  • Entries must be in form of a video.
  • You may improvise or compose your music.
  • This contest is open to all active members of Fretwise, including non-subscribers.
  • Contest ends June 30th 05:00 UTC time.
  • Winners will be announced in a video here on July 3rd!

PRIZES

• 1st Place: 1hr video call with Darryl, a Positive Grid BIAS FX 2 licence, and a Guitar Pro 8 license – [total value = $325]
  • Runner up: 30 minute video call with Darryl, and a Guitar Pro 8 licence – [total value = $110]
  • One other participant will also be selected at random to receive a 30 minute video call with Darryl, and a Guitar Pro 8 licence – [total value = $110]

TERMS

• “Active members” of Fretwise include those who have purchased a masterclass upfront, or have an active subscription to Fretwise. This criteria must be met between June 30th – July 3rd, otherwise your entry will not be valid.
  • Fretwise is responsible for hosting and managing this contest, not the sponsors.
  • By entering this contest you accept that Fretwise may use your video for any purpose that is seen fit.
  • The general Terms & Conditions of Fretwise also apply to this contest.

BACKING TRACK DOWNLOAD

The concluding results can be found here:

Alright, here is my entry into the #CrystalClearFretwiseContest. Sort of my first time recording straight into a DAW, so if anyone has any tips or advice I will gladly take all of the help I can get. Same goes for my playing! Thank you for watching!

• Video Unavailable *

Darryl thanks for putting this challenge out there. I need to learn how to record direct with video. Sorry for the heavy breathing… bad allergy season.

Better late than never! Wrote this when I heard about the contest – finally got around to recording it! Except I totally forgot to change my camera settings to make is look “nicer” so that’s a bummer haha – at least you can hear the music!

Thanks for watching and best of luck all! Any tips or insight is always welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve never participated in anything like this, so this is the first time I’ve shared any of my playing (other than at gigs). Any feedback and suggestions would be welcome and please excuse the vacant looks to camera :joy:

I’ve been manually importing these posts in myself since updating these forums, so just for reference - please find screenshots of the positive comments from you lovely fellas!

Announcement!

Thank you to each of you who participated, it was a real pleasure watching you play! I’ll be reaching out to each of you momentarily to distribute prizes and arrange our meetings. I hope to do this kind of thing again soon, and would love to see some new faces get involved! :smiley:

And more comments from the original system :wink: